Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #226
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
You watch how their horses perform when they move to new trainers.
Top class horses aren't moving around very much. So it's harder to detect doping. So if many of these stakes trainers are doping, you wouldn't necessarily know it.

I agree that "First off Claim" percentage is a pretty reasonable metric for doping of claiming horses.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 03:46 PM   #227
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Greg, I realize you've become incredibly bitter, and I'm sorry for that, but this is BS. Horseplayers have an absolute right to play on a level playing field, and whether or not we "knew" something was going on, does not mean we weren't wronged.

Many players bet multi-race bets. How about the Pick-4s and/or Pick-5s we have all hit that included a Servis 4:5 shot, but while we cashed for ( say ) $500, we also had the 12:1 shot that ran second to that horse, and we might have won $4K had that horse not been effectively cheated out of a win. I suppose, according to you, that's our fault. Well, I have news for you....it's not.

Most don't actually cheat, despite what you ( or anyone ) thinks. Some have, and probably some still do ( though I am guessing a lot of them are starting to think twice going forward ), but stop condemning an entire group because of the dishonest actions of some.
I am bitter, we agree.

Horseplayers have an absolute right to a level playing field...we agree again (this a record?)

Wronged in the context of a right to a level playing field, not wronged in terms of being cheated out of ones money, as some have claimed.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 03:49 PM   #228
jay68802

Some rumors floating about.

Kirk Ziadie - Suspended
Ralph Ziadie - Suspended
Georgina Baxter - Suspended

and more coming?

http://www.horseracingnation.com/new...ing_scheme_123

Last edited by jay68802; 03-10-2020 at 03:52 PM.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #229
Suff
Beat up 💪

We mess with animals. Even in the name of love pet owners stuff all manner of things into animals. We mess with cows & chickens using growth hormones. We even mess with seeds and soil to grow better.

Can’t be stopped.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #230
thaskalos

What we need going forward is a complete list of the "honest" trainers...so we can tell which past performances are repeatable, and which are not.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #231
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I am bitter, we agree.

Horseplayers have an absolute right to a level playing field...we agree again (this a record?)

Wronged in the context of a right to a level playing field, not wronged in terms of being cheated out of ones money, as some have claimed.
No, they have been cheated out of money, just as anyone that has competed against them has also been cheated.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #232
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
What we need going forward is a complete list of the "honest" trainers...so we can tell which past performances are repeatable, and which are not.
Trust no one.
There is no room for trust in the industry - only proof of compliance to strict rules. As verified by independent third parties.

Reading the indictment, The POS Servis should be sent away for life. Every horse he trains from 2018 on should be DQ'd and the owners forced to repay the purse money.

Every track in the country should be up late this week discussing what they are going to do about protecting the players....
Old 03-10-2020, 04:49 PM   #233
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
No, they have been cheated out of money, just as anyone that has competed against them has also been cheated.
Its like complaining about a lake of oxygen when you climb Mt Everest.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #234
turfnsport

I'm sure someone can run it, I'd like to see a breakdown by owners on win % and first off the claim % for both trainers. Might be some interesting results.

Looch is saying on Twitter he did not know and did poorly with his horses with Navarro.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #235
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Illogical.
Not really. Glib yes. But as a precedent its used in toxic situations like this.

Many examples but recall sandusky nuked penn state. A Pound of Flesh is warranted here. Everybody in racing needs to suffer, to the point of ending independent trainers.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #236
lamboguy

Mesothelioma

i suspect we are all going to be seeing commercials on televisions asking if anyone has been damaged by the trainer's and owners of these horses and should receive compensation, just like they do with the Mesothelioma.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 05:17 PM   #237
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfnsport View Post
I'm sure someone can run it, I'd like to see a breakdown by owners on win % and first off the claim % for both trainers. Might be some interesting results.

Looch is saying on Twitter he did not know and did poorly with his horses with Navarro.
War Story?
Old 03-10-2020, 05:18 PM   #238
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfnsport View Post

You mean like John Sadler when trains a Hronis Racing horse?
Old 03-10-2020, 05:22 PM   #239
Secondbest

How about the Vets that were indicted. Aren't they there to see to the well being of the horses. These people are worse than the trainers. i hope they do the max.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 05:25 PM   #240
Suff
Beat up 💪

For the record, Chad Brown & Graham Motion get horses that don’t need PED’s. And if they do, his owner base has a tolerance to walk away from 6 figure horses by dropping into claimers.

Centennial Farms does that. If they can’t run or breed, sell them.

Then we get this mess.