Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-10-2020, 10:52 PM   #271
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Wtf 2004. That’s beyond throwback, thats elephant memory.
That's nothing:-)
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 10:56 PM   #272
Ocala Mike

I follow Motion on Twitter - he's always been outspoken as a "hay, oats, and water only" trainer. Perhaps you don't like his politics?
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 11:01 PM   #273
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by big frank View Post
How about punishing the owners ! Averill racing has been juicing for years with different trainers ! Midwest - same thing - Cole ---Dubb------Rockingham------ doesn't matter what trainer is listed ! These guys pay the vets to drug these horses !
Punishing the owners needs to happen imo, and there needs to be some regulation/law/whatever that doesn't allow "I didn't know what my trainer was doing" as a response. The owners should be held accountable regardless, same as the trainers...
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 11:05 PM   #274
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
I follow Motion on Twitter - he's always been outspoken as a "hay, oats, and water only" trainer. Perhaps you don't like his politics?
Thats the reason I dont follow him anymore, but he has been outspoken.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 11:07 PM   #275
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Motion can go kick rocks for all I care. Where was he over the last few years when most of this was going down? Could he not find his soap box then?

Top tier guys like him are enablers, they have the means, and the voice to have made a difference or at least be heard. What did we get? Zip. Zilch. Nada. Not even a whisper. Oh but now that the story has broke.....\

No need to yell fire now that the barn has burned to the ground.
This is really bad.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:08 PM   #276
GMB@BP

All he did was pick up a package

Love the DRF Headline

Caught up in doping scandal, Tannuzzo hopes for second chance

sure, thats all he did, thats why he is in trouble.

https://www.drf.com/news/caught-dopi...-second-chance
Old 03-10-2020, 11:22 PM   #277
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
This is really bad.
No, what is bad is all the talking heads in the industry suddenly having a voice when they haven't had one for years.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 11:40 PM   #278
turfnsport

Quote:
Motion can go kick rocks for all I care. Where was he over the last few years when most of this was going down? Could he not find his soap box then?

Top tier guys like him are enablers, they have the means, and the voice to have made a difference or at least be heard. What did we get? Zip. Zilch. Nada. Not even a whisper. Oh but now that the story has broke.....\

No need to yell fire now that the barn has burned to the ground.
Not even a whisper? This is complete nonsense. You COULD say this about some/many trainers but not Motion, who has always been outspoken about having clean racing.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 11:42 PM   #279
the little guy

Quote:
No, what is bad is all the talking heads in the industry suddenly having a voice when they haven't had one for years.
Yeah, we would have accomplished a lot slandering people without proof.

Maybe social media works for nameless people, but in real life there are consequences for going off half cocked without proof.

I think it's more important to keep my job and try to do my small part to make the game better than go out in some perverse blaze of glory making wild accusations. Perhaps when you get the chance you will pick option number two....but until then I'm good.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:47 PM   #280
Waquoit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
For the record, Chad Brown & Graham Motion get horses that don’t need PED’s.
John Pricci just wrote, "as Kristian Rheim DVM, who also has four-time Eclipse champion trainer Chad Brown as a client, might say, don’t worry about using SGF-1000 on Maximum Security, a substance with growth properties that allow a horse to perform beyond its natural ability because “they don’t even have a test for it.”
Waquoit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 12:00 AM   #281
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfnsport View Post
Not even a whisper? This is complete nonsense. You COULD say this about some/many trainers but not Motion, who has always been outspoken about having clean racing.
Great, so Motion wants what most everybody else involved in the game wants, clean racing. What a trailblazer!
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 12:21 AM   #282
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
I follow Motion on Twitter - he's always been outspoken as a "hay, oats, and water only" trainer.
I suspect some haven't visited the WHOA site, nor are familiar with their members continued support of the Horseracing Integrity Act.

Yes Motion has been outspoken about it. For god's sake Jack van Berg who was also a member, sat in front of a congressional committee back in 2008 and actually SAID (bravely) that the sport had become a game of "chemical warfare."

And Paulick wrote back in 2012, we've been here before.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/r...n-here-before/

Every bill either sits and goes nowhere, or dies......basically, since 1982, really. And comments from those who seem to be unable to admit that self-regulation hasn't worked.......and won't work, without some kind of centralized regulatory body, who will hand out more than hand slaps and excuses.

Last edited by clicknow; 03-11-2020 at 12:23 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 12:26 AM   #283
clicknow

Quote:
Great, so Motion wants what most everybody else involved in the game wants, clean racing. What a trailblazer!
No, you are wrong about everybody involved in the game wanting clean racing. Dead wrong.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 01:14 AM   #284
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Yeah, we would have accomplished a lot slandering people without proof.

Maybe social media works for nameless people, but in real life there are consequences for going off half cocked without proof.

I think it's more important to keep my job and try to do my small part to make the game better than go out in some perverse blaze of glory making wild accusations. Perhaps when you get the chance you will pick option number two....but until then I'm good.
TLG, all of the big name trainers are public figures, which means they can only win a suit for defamation upon proof of actual malice on clear and convincing evidence.

NYRA may not want you out there trashing horsemen, but you are not going to be sued for slander if you opine that people are doping. Your comment is highly misleading here.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 01:28 AM   #285
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
TLG, all of the big name trainers are public figures, which means they can only win a suit for defamation upon proof of actual malice on clear and convincing evidence.

NYRA may not want you out there trashing horsemen, but you are not going to be sued for slander if you opine that people are doping. Your comment is highly misleading here.
What constitutes "big name"? We need to draw this line so he can proceed with the slandering.

I mean could one say that Richard Mandella is an absolute cheat and be ok but if they said that Phil Oviedo is as well you could be in trouble?