Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old Today, 04:48 PM   #76
equusvates

Selections, how I use it

This is how I use the information the previous PDF's display. Firstly, I use the attached file 60% for my selection's decisions. I use the grid about 20% and angles and pace scenarios for the remainder of my decision making. The attached graph shows the form cycle of each horse when pacelines with fractions are available. I give the last race the most weight unless the race should be ignored.

There is a horizontal fuchsia colored line which shows the expected true pace for the upcoming race. If a horse has never exceeded or approached that line, the horse is not considered for a win spot. If the horse is consistently far off the expected pace line, I confidently throw the horse out. When looking at the graph you can see very competitive races which for me are a pass.

I see the information shown in the PDF files on a large monitor, so I am simultaneously seeing my odds line, the trainer - jockey combinations, pace scenarios and angles so it usually only takes me about a minute or two to make my selections. I use the colors to alert me to good looking prospects. To get the longshots I use "good stuff always outweighs bad stuff". Hope you don't suffer from analysis paralysis.

Will add little colored symbols showing trouble as I have on my monitor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EvGraph_2024_05_04_2024_05_08_01756.pdf (252.9 KB, 0 views)
equusvates is online now   Reply With Quote Reply