Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-27-2024, 10:49 AM   #1
MTO Joe

"Broken Horses" documentary on FX/Hulu

Just in time for the Derby..

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...g/73105011007/
MTO Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2024, 11:31 AM   #2
lamboguy

the drugs doctors prescribe humans are no good. we live in the culture of doing things the easiest and least painful.

i think the New York Times should do documentary's on the Doctor's of the world that perform operations and prescribe drugs for their patients that don't need either.

i am not making this up either. i have traveling nurses that rent places from me that work in the operating rooms that tell me this.

the doctor's don't give a flying fuck about you. they will put you at risk by giving you anesthesia just to do an operation so they can get the money.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2024, 10:00 AM   #3
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the drugs doctors prescribe humans are no good. we live in the culture of doing things the easiest and least painful.

i think the New York Times should do documentary's on the Doctor's of the world that perform operations and prescribe drugs for their patients that don't need either.

i am not making this up either. i have traveling nurses that rent places from me that work in the operating rooms that tell me this.

the doctor's don't give a flying fuck about you. they will put you at risk by giving you anesthesia just to do an operation so they can get the money.
Dozens of those documentaries have already been made.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2024, 10:09 AM   #4
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Dozens of those documentaries have already been made.
Fact checking Lamboguy is a full time job.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2024, 11:46 AM   #5
comet52

The Times published a related article, below.

Joe Drape reported from Louisville, Ky., and Lexington, Ky., and Melissa Hoppert from New York.

May 2, 2024
The Kentucky Derby has been run through two World Wars, the Great Depression, civil rights unrest and, most recently, a life-paralyzing pandemic. Now, on the 150th anniversary of America’s most famous race, the Sport of Kings faces another formidable foe: itself.

Last year, beneath Churchill Downs’s iconic twin spires, seven horses died during the week of the showpiece event — two of them in races in the hours leading up to the Derby. In the days after, five more sustained fatal injuries, prompting Churchill officials to move their races to another Kentucky racetrack.

It got worse. A colt trained by the sport’s most recognized and controversial trainer, Bob Baffert, died at Pimlico Race Course hours before Mr. Baffert saddled the winner of the Preakness Stakes, the second leg of the Triple Crown. Two more horses not trained by Mr. Baffert died in races surrounding the Belmont Stakes, the third leg, in June.

read the rest here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/02/b...cky-derby.html

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-03-2024 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Do not reproduce the full text of copyrighted material - thank you
comet52 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2024, 01:33 PM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

The Guardian pushes a biased article EVERY YEAR at this time.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ar...-changed-since
Old 05-03-2024, 01:37 PM   #7
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
The Guardian pushes a biased article EVERY YEAR at this time.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ar...-changed-since
And yet, by your own admission, it's all you read. Strange.