Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-30-2024, 01:06 PM   #1
PalaceOfFortLarned

Encino Out of KY Derby: Epic Ride Draws In

https://paulickreport.com/news/tripl...-ride-draws-in
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2024, 02:17 PM   #2
boys at tosconova

every speed horse outside of him just got a bigger smile.. that is if they saddle epic ride with post 20
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2024, 02:42 PM   #3
bisket

Best odds I’ll get this summer will be 8 to 1. Bummer…. Thankfully he’s in good shape and we’ll see him again in a few months
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2024, 03:00 PM   #4
Afleet

I was going to use him in my tri wheel. Doesn't change my betting very much
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2024, 03:03 PM   #5
dballard125

Happy to hear this honestly. Didn't know what to do with the horse.
dballard125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2024, 03:05 PM   #6
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

You have to figure he adds some pace. To the outside of Fierceness, adding more peril to his prospects. Amplifies the already elevated interest in closers. And sends Bisket back to the PPs to find another horse.

Encino didn't look like a major pace factor, although he might have gotten more involved early than projected. Epic Ride projects to track more aggressively, if not lead.

His early pace figs rival the leaders—and supersede Fierceness. That introduces speed to the outside of the favorite that was notably absent before. Now Fierceness is wide and surrounded by speed. Strengthens the case to fade him.

The added pace will will focus more attention on late runners, which is already spread thin across only three obvious options, one vying for favoritism.

Epic Ride also ensures another contestant for the coveted low-trouble tracking trip. Can he get that from the far post?

Encino was a lukewarm "use" for me underneath. Epic Ride fares no better at first glance, but might be similarly usable given a substantially better price.

Also a shout out to this post analyzing the Blue Grass:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Epic Ride was widest of the speed and moving forward on both turns. So if he's at or near the front in the Derby that's going to be a problem for someone because mid-turn is far from the wire at Churchill, any early moves can take a toll at the 1/8 pole. That was why I loved Sierra Leone in the Bluegrass because of Epic Ride's presence, I can love him again in the Derby for the same reasons.

Last edited by Aerocraft67; 04-30-2024 at 03:08 PM.
Aerocraft67 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2024, 06:11 PM   #7
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocraft67 View Post
You have to figure he adds some pace. To the outside of Fierceness, adding more peril to his prospects. Amplifies the already elevated interest in closers. And sends Bisket back to the PPs to find another horse.

Encino didn't look like a major pace factor, although he might have gotten more involved early than projected. Epic Ride projects to track more aggressively, if not lead.

His early pace figs rival the leaders—and supersede Fierceness. That introduces speed to the outside of the favorite that was notably absent before. Now Fierceness is wide and surrounded by speed. Strengthens the case to fade him.

The added pace will will focus more attention on late runners, which is already spread thin across only three obvious options, one vying for favoritism.

Epic Ride also ensures another contestant for the coveted low-trouble tracking trip. Can he get that from the far post?

Encino was a lukewarm "use" for me underneath. Epic Ride fares no better at first glance, but might be similarly usable given a substantially better price.

Also a shout out to this post analyzing the Blue Grass:
appreciate it, good luck, good analysis.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:36 PM   #8
zico20

A lot of people just saved money as Encino wasn't going to be anywhere. Wiring a field at a mile 1/16th against a horse who hadn't run in six months wasn't anything to brag about. He is a slow horse who is better suited for G3 company at best.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply