Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #46
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by highernote View Post
Carlson is good at what he does, but Bill O'Reilly in his prime was far better.
Bill is/was a self important blowhard.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2020, 06:07 AM   #47
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Actually, Cronkite was severely biased and towards the end, broadcast far more opinion that news. His cover was that at that time, people still trusted the media to be men of honor.

If he we alive today, he would be on CNN - not doubt.
Maybe even PMSNBC........his greatness has been FAR overstated.
Sharp post!
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2020, 09:11 AM   #48
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
"Democrat and Former CIA Officer Bryan Dean Wright says if Secretary of Defense Mark Esper doesn't see what's going on he should leave."
That piece was spot-on. Dean spilled his emotions and every word made complete sense.
Corruption and violence is one of the few tools the far left has left to demoralize law abiding citizens. Defund law enforcement , cripple as much resistance as possible. The working class will tremble (Karl Marx).
On a brighter note, 90% of what America sees on the tube is in reality microscopic when adding the will of the people to the equation. Never think for a minute good Americans aren't smarter and remain the overwhelming majority. When the election is over and the dust settles, burned out remains will be the left's only achievement. Law enforcement will survive and the military will be strong as ever.
My one suggestion looking forward is a mass govt. funding to build many more prisons, both at the state and federal level. Take the garbage out of circulation and remove the threat of a repeat performance.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2020, 11:08 AM   #49
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I disagree. Never thought Bill came off as a genuine person...to me, it was all an act.
I disagree, I think Bill just was more toned back...Carlson is just a bulldog. Hard to believe he used to be on CNN.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #50
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I disagree, I think Bill just was more toned back...Carlson is just a bulldog. Hard to believe he used to be on CNN.
Not that difficult, if you consider that Glen Beck a Right Wing Waco,
was on CNN.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2020, 05:05 PM   #51
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Blatant sarcasm is for twitter...not for the national newscasts. But...what can we expect when "entertainment" masquerades as 'News'. David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite must be rolling in their graves.
You never watched CNN? Particularly the Coumo show?

I'll take entertainment of LIES any day.

And Cronkite was hardly a neutral newsman. He was biased as Hell and part of the inner-circle of political elites.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:08 PM   #52
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I have heard Tucker call out both sides albeit more on the left than the right. I don't find him to be blatantly partisan like Hannity or Ingraham.
Just the other night he was calling out Trump for littering to Jarred and getting led the wrong way.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:16 PM   #53
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
"Democrat and Former CIA Officer Bryan Dean Wright says if Secretary of Defense Mark Esper doesn't see what's going on he should leave."
Neither of them are ELECTED to represent us.
They are what we call minions. Little gofers. What they think is not important. They are non-essential and they serve at the pleasure of the president.

They are replaced as often as condoms.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:49 PM   #54
sammy the sage

T.C....was THE bomb tonight...8:20 mark...he's going to catch much flack....but he spoke THE truth...
Old 06-08-2020, 11:51 PM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
T.C....was THE bomb tonight...8:20 mark...he's going to catch much flack....but he spoke THE truth...
Old 06-09-2020, 02:04 AM   #56
mountainman

Carlson picks his fights wisely, while O'Reilly took on all comers and often resorted to talking over them. Carlson is uncanny at perfectly balancing his facial expression between hyper-attentiveness and coiled hostility. When he senses the potential to get his ass kicked by some liberal or moderate, he simply pretends to have been listening intently and pivots to agreement or ambivalence. But when he smells blood, that carefully balanced look on his face can smoothly transition to attack-mode.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #57
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Fort Worth Police Dept less than thrilled with Tucker's "reporting" (i.e., it was completely inaccurate - see their press release). But Tucker doesn't care - he says what he needs to say in order to get paid!
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2020, 10:29 AM   #58
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I'll take entertainment of LIES any day.
There are no lies on CNN.
Just slanted coverage filled with material you don't like hearing.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2020, 10:33 AM   #59
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Fort Worth Police Dept less than thrilled with Tucker's "reporting" (i.e., it was completely inaccurate - see their press release).
Here is:

Quote:
This evening, FWPD was notified of a Fox News story reported by Tucker Carlson alleging that on May 31, 2020, protestors looted and vandalized “businesses and dozens of rioters were arrested for this.” Mr. Tucker went on to say that Chief Ed Kraus “dropped all charges against the rioters.” This information is absolutely inaccurate and is not consistent with the actual facts. The only charges dropped were minor misdemeanors which did not involve property or personal crimes. Mr. Carlson went on to say that Chief Kraus suggested in a released statement that he believed those who were committing crimes were officers with the FWPD. This too is absolutely inaccurate and a gross mischaracterization of any statement released by Chief Kraus or the department. Recklessly releasing such inaccurate, unverified information does nothing for the good of the public and simply creates an environment of confusion and bitterness during a time in which so many are wanting their voices heard.

The Fort Worth Police Department would like to reassure our community, our officers, and our nation that our department is committed to ensuring timely and accurate information is disseminated to the public while remaining transparent.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2020, 12:51 PM   #60
Marshall Bennett

If this is all true then he needs to apologize to his viewers tonight
I question the credibility of just about everyone anymore except those I know for a fact to be honest.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply