Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #16
woodbinepmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkithore
Does anyone know where to find sectional times? I still am working with Brisnet files and use Final times. It is ok but harder to estimate Pace figures due to lack of sectional times. Their speed maps are helpful and their commentators quite thorough in terms of appearance of horses in the ring.
You can get them off of their result charts, under the Sectional time & Position button below the date scroll.
woodbinepmi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2016, 05:18 PM   #17
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
The pools are huge, so I don't know if that's really a factor influencing wagering from North America. The time of day the races run is the biggest factor. If HK ran daytime on Saturdays here in the U.S., it would be a large negative impact on other tracks.

BTW - one of the reasons HK racing is so consistent is that not only is it drug free and monitored very closely, it's also because almost all the horses are geldings. A few colts are in races now and then. No females.
They race so late or too early for me.

What time would it be in HK say for U.S. Saturday @ 12 noon pacific time?

And, would they really want to race for U.S. time zones?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #18
woodbinepmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike

Post time tonight for the first is 9pm Pacific Time.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #19
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi
Post time tonight for the first is 9pm Pacific Time.
Thanks, most times that would be too late for me.

I was responding to Hoofless' suggestion of HK racing trying to accommodate U.S. bettors. I think Saturday, noon Pacific time would be about 4 a.m. Sunday in HK since most of the money bet is from HK or Asia, I don't think they would change their starting times.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2016, 07:43 PM   #20
Nitro

Cool

Those of you who don’t play Hong Kong you don’t know what you’re missing.
As far as I’m concerned it’s the best racing in the world! Wonder why?
- No drugs, and the jocks are held accountable for the way they ride (they’d better be trying!)
- Lots of pertinent and incredibly accurate information,
- Live pre-race horse physicality analysis,
- Access to Live Video or Radio race calls
- And best of all! The large fields with quality horses produce consistently great betting value.

The tote analysis I use cuts right to the bottom line: Which entries are LIVE (including those big long shots).
I’m now betting $20 and $30 Quinellas with 6 entries involved using 2 keys and 4 others (9 bets/race) and hitting at a 70% clip with an average overall net profit margin of 40%. My goal is to eventually bet $200 Quinellas. I’m also no longer posting my HK selections on PA for many reasons. There are just too many distractions here. I’m not aiming to hurt anyone’s feelings, but to be honest I value my time and investments much more then the banter going on around here. Besides, I feel my selection method is 180 degrees off of what the mentality is for the majority of people playing this game. I’ve tried to demonstrate the power of following the money, but most people want to believe that they know more about these horses from published data then those actually running them. That’s unfortunate! Someday they’ll realize that they're outsiders playing an insider's game and that the term “public money” is probably the most obtuse description of what’s really going on.

Good Luck to All
!

(You can fire away, but please don't expect my response by anything other then a PM , Thanks).
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #21
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
You have to remember to divide all the amounts you see by 5 in order to compare it to the North American pools also. What we are seeing from HK is posted in $HKs. The pools, in $US, are 20% of the numbers we are seeing from HK.
If the wager amounts follow the currency exchange rates, then it much higher.
The last quote is One USD is worth 7.78 HKD
USD/HKD 7.7891
Courtesy cnbc.com
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 08:13 PM   #22
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
Those of you who don’t play Hong Kong you don’t know what you’re missing.
As far as I’m concerned it’s the best racing in the world! Wonder why?
- No drugs, and the jocks are held accountable for the way they ride (they’d better be trying!)
- Lots of pertinent and incredibly accurate information,
- Live pre-race horse physicality analysis,
- Access to Live Video or Radio race calls
- And best of all! The large fields with quality horses produce consistently great betting value.

The tote analysis I use cuts right to the bottom line: Which entries are LIVE (including those big long shots).
I’m now betting $20 and $30 Quinellas with 6 entries involved using 2 keys and 4 others (9 bets/race) and hitting at a 70% clip with an average overall net profit margin of 40%. My goal is to eventually bet $200 Quinellas. I’m also no longer posting my HK selections on PA for many reasons. There are just too many distractions here. I’m not aiming to hurt anyone’s feelings, but to be honest I value my time and investments much more then the banter going on around here. Besides, I feel my selection method is 180 degrees off of what the mentality is for the majority of people playing this game. I’ve tried to demonstrate the power of following the money, but most people want to believe that they know more about these horses from published data then those actually running them. That’s unfortunate! Someday they’ll realize that they're outsiders playing an insider's game and that the term “public money” is probably the most obtuse description of what’s really going on.

Good Luck to All
!

(You can fire away, but please don't expect my response by anything other then a PM , Thanks).
i honestly thought they were great picks. i once played a horse in a race that you didn't happen to have in your mix. the horse i liked ran 2nd to one of your horses and the quinella paid $800. up until that point i have never seen a quinella pay that much, and then 2 weeks later i saw one pay $1000 that i didn't have.

its so much different there than North American racing, thats probably why the tote board analysis that you use works so good over there.

after you gave up posting, i gave up playing there. with the way the racing over there is, you need to have running second going for you. i have no clue how to pick more than 1 horse in the race and can't see winning there without the quinella's.

i am glad you are doing well and hope you kill em.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #23
dkithore

thanks woodbe!
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #24
chenoa

Anyone know what site a CANADIAN RESIDENT can sign up that you can bet the Hong Kong races??
Old 02-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #25
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
If the wager amounts follow the currency exchange rates, then it much higher.
The last quote is One USD is worth 7.78 HKD
USD/HKD 7.7891
Courtesy cnbc.com
Yep, I've come to understand that through this thread.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #26
handyman1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002
where are the millions of dollars wagered on each POOL coming from?
world wide? China? USA?
To answer your question the millions of dollars come from a variety of sources. Money from co-mingled pools represent a very small percentage but increasing by the day as more people are becoming aware of the product on offer. Betting syndicates and illegal operators (covering some of their positions) makes up for a good portion of turnover. And then there is the average Joe.

HKJC website is all you need for you handicapping needs. Replays, Vet Info, Stewards report, Trackwork, Barrier Trials, etc.

BTW anyone know what happened to TVG taking HK racing? They were the first to take HK and now it seemed they've dropped them for good as I called in December and they said they'd go back online soon but it's not happened so far? It's a shame as I much rather watch the races on TV.
handyman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #27
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike

As has been answered, there's a 16 hour time zone difference between the Pacific Time Zone in the U.S. and Hong Kong. I wasn't suggesting they change their post times, only pointing out that they probably don't see a lot of North American action due to that difference.

I would like to see the Breeder's Cup some day run a race or two each year from foreign venues at the beginning or end of the program to give the races even more of an international feel. Then perhaps more American horseplayers can see what they're missing.....
Old 02-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #28
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman1968
To answer your question the millions of dollars come from a variety of sources. Money from co-mingled pools represent a very small percentage but increasing by the day as more people are becoming aware of the product on offer. Betting syndicates and illegal operators (covering some of their positions) makes up for a good portion of turnover. And then there is the average Joe.

HKJC website is all you need for you handicapping needs. Replays, Vet Info, Stewards report, Trackwork, Barrier Trials, etc.

BTW anyone know what happened to TVG taking HK racing? They were the first to take HK and now it seemed they've dropped them for good as I called in December and they said they'd go back online soon but it's not happened so far? It's a shame as I much rather watch the races on TV.
I read somewhere that one in six adults in Hong Kong is a horseplayer. Wouldn't NYRA love to have two+ million people wagering on their cards every day?

Good question about TVG. I thought I read a snippet somewhere about the signal fee, but I could be imagining it. Maybe we need to harass their support line and ask why?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #29
woodbinepmi

BTW anyone know what happened to TVG taking HK racing? They were the first to take HK and now it seemed they've dropped them for good as I called in December and they said they'd go back online soon but it's not happened so far? It's a shame as I much rather watch the races on TV.[/QUOTE]

Talked to them about two weeks ago, the lady said something about them changing to a new tote company and they are having problems with the commingling of the pools. Even money that's what the real problem is. She said her supervisor had no idea when it will be back up and running. Typical TVG.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:59 PM   #30
woodbinepmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman1968

Talked to them about two weeks ago, the lady said something about them changing to a new tote company and they are having problems with the commingling of the pools. Even money that's what the real problem is. She said her supervisor had no idea when it will be back up and running. Typical TVG.